Saturday, January 7, 2012

Why Presidential Primary Polls Are Inaccurate

The reason Presidential Primary Polls are inaccurate is because the way the polls are conducted. These primary polls are conducted by calling individuals on landline phones...THIS IS THE PROBLEM. The number of people that have done away with that old technology is huge and raises everyday. As the age of the person goes up so does the chance that they have a landline phone which also creates another huge problem... THESE POLLS DON'T CAPTURE THE YOUNGER VOTE. Lets use myself for example, I'm 33 years old and I haven't had a landline since 1999 and never will again which means I will never have a chance to answer the pollster to give my two cents. I would say that the closer the public is to 40 and up the chance that they have a landline goes way up, what also goes way up is that the chance of that person being less informed by not being as tech savoy and watching and reading mainstream media which is also becoming a thing of the past.
Lets take a look at the age of people polled in the latest New Hampshire Presidential Primary Poll conducted by Suffolk
University/7NEWS conducted 1/5-1/6
18-34 10%
35-44 12%
45-54 27%
55-64 24%
65-74 15%
75+ 10%
As you can see the number of older voters in this poll is substantially higher than the young voters.
Now lets take a look at the difference in the young voter vs the old voter. The young voter like myself is going to be more informed about the real issues and what's really important in this Country. I like most other young people aren't going to be brainwashed by the mainstream media to vote how they think I should, tell me what they want me to here. When you look at the older the age equals more landlines it will also correlate with being less informed. The young voters will get their news from more trustful sources on the Internet. These young voters are more likely to vote for someone like Ron Paul who gets huge young voters because he connects with the young people in this Country that know we're in a financial crisis and that they will eventually have to pay for this through more taxation. Ron Paul gets more web traffic than the other candidates could even dream of and he also receives more military contributions than all the other candidates combined which are also mostly young voters. The young people that make up a large portion of the net know Ron Paul and love him but will never get to answer the pollsters as they've moved on from the past and only have a cell phone now. As a Home Based Business owner I'm extremely worried about what's going to happen to my money with taxes on the rise and I definitely not counting on Social InSecurity being there which is the way most young people my age think about and are worried about.

No comments:

Blog Directory